Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xen 3.4.0 Brings New Virtualization Features

Phoronix: Xen 3.4.0 Brings New Virtualization Features

While the Kernel-based Vitual Machine (KVM), VMware, and VirtualBox have been generating most of the attention as of late when it comes to Linux virtualization, Xen is still alive and kicking. In fact, the Xen development team just announced the release of Xen 3.4.0.The key features introduced in Xen 3.4.0 include device pass-through improvements (notably with client devices), RAS features via CPU and memory off-lining, better power management, support for the Viridian (Hyper-V) enlightenment interface, and many x86 and IA64 enhancements and fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know how Xen fits in compared to XenServer?

I mean, does Citrix use Xen as a beta for XenServer?

That's my guess, but XenServer have many more features than Xen, so it must apparently only be for selected features?

Comment

2.6.18 Kernel

They are still only providing Xen-3.4 with Linux kernel 2.6.18.8? Or am I able to easily get a patch against current (or at least somewhat recent) kernel somewhere?

If they are still sticking to 2.6.18 - I wonder how many people actually use/test Xen releases on newer hardware. If it was in sync with mainline it would get much more testing and wider acceptance.

Perhaps I should check my distro repositories to see if they have a Xen 3.4 package built on recent mainline.

Comment

Working...
      X