AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-1 With Initial Support For RDNA3 "GFX11" GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-1 With Initial Support For RDNA3 "GFX11" GPUs

Phoronix: AMD Releases AOMP 16.0-1 With Initial Support For RDNA3 "GFX11" GPUs

AMD today published AOMP 16.0-1 as their newest LLVM/Clang downstream focused on providing the latest Radeon OpenMP GPU offloading support. Notable with this AOMP build is providing initial support for GFX1100 - GFX1103 GPUs. The GFX11 IP block is coming with the soon-to-launch RDNA3 graphics cards and with this AOMP support gives us hope AMD will be providing punctual ROCm support for these next-generation graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is definitely an occasion I'd be very happy to be wrong, but...

gives us hope AMD will be providing punctual ROCm support
    ...I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I really wish AMD would put resources into existing cards. The community and developers behind AMD hardware is great, but there are some hard to fix issues that have been languishing for ages that they really need to fix. The 5600 XT for example has lots of weird bugs (on launch they were "fixed" for Windows after a lot of complaints, but still quite flakey on Linux).

Comment

Working...
      X