Radeon RADV Ray-Tracing Performance Further Improved - PLOC BVH Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RADV Ray-Tracing Performance Further Improved - PLOC BVH Builder

Phoronix: Radeon RADV Ray-Tracing Performance Further Improved - PLOC BVH Builder

In recent months there has been a lot of RADV ray-tracing optimizations and improvements for maturing the ray-tracing support by this open-source Radeon Vulkan driver within Mesa. The RADV ray-tracing performance is about to take another step forward with a pending merge request providing a PLOC BVH builder that can improve the Quake II RTX performance by around 33%...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how long it's until we'll get whatever pipeline pieces are needed in radv for Cyberpunk 2077.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I wonder how long it's until we'll get whatever pipeline pieces are needed in radv for Cyberpunk 2077.
      Considering how much is already completed on the raytracing implementation plan and getting CP77 to work is part of one of the remaining milestones, I'd assume soon enough

Comment

Yeah, but it could be one of the harder parts.

Comment

Hopefully AMD will send the proper GPUS to Michael when RDNA3 is released.

Comment

How does this compare with alternatives, say on Windows?

Comment

Working...
            X