Improved Big Picture Mode Now Available For Testing In Latest Steam Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Big Picture Mode Now Available For Testing In Latest Steam Beta

Phoronix: Improved Big Picture Mode Now Available For Testing In Latest Steam Beta

Valve's new Steam client beta published today has rolled out an updated Big Picture mode for enjoying the Steam client on TVs and other large format displays while this Big Picture mode was designed and optimized for the Steam Deck...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

tested it briefly on windows, preformance was terrible for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
      tested it briefly on windows, preformance was terrible for some reason
      Try it on Linux since that is their main platform.

Comment

Even on desktop Linux it's quite slow for now. It's weird because it feels snappier on the Steam Deck.
        Well it's still a beta, so wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Try it on Linux since that is their main platform.
          I wished but you got my like as I guess right now Linux or better Steam Deck there main platform for development/testing.

Comment

I've always found Big Picture to be very slow. Have to use it every once in a while to change my gamepad configuration. It's barely usable.

Comment

Proper SteamOS 3 (sorry HoloISO) and HDR support and will finally be able to retire windows from my gaming PC.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post
                I've always found Big Picture to be very slow. Have to use it every once in a while to change my gamepad configuration. It's barely usable.
                This has not been my experience but heh. I use RADV on a Radeon VII, and I've got heaps of memory, so maybe that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

This has not been my experience but heh. I use RADV on a Radeon VII, and I've got heaps of memory, so maybe that's it.
                  Perhaps it settles after a while. I only load it, change the gamepad config and exit. And it takes FOREVER to load, then it stutters a little bit and then it gets about fluent.

Comment

Working...
                  X