Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.1 Adds Support For The Microsoft Surface Pro 9

Phoronix: Linux 6.1 Adds Support For The Microsoft Surface Pro 9

This week's batch of platform-drivers-x86 "fixes" for the ongoing Linux 6.1 kernel is a bit more notable than usual. In particular, the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 devices are now supported along with some other hardware support enablement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

CPU up to Intel i7-1265U, RAM up to 32GB LPDDR5.

Comment

I wonder how long before (or perhaps "if" would be more accurate...) we'll see some support for the Arm-powered Surface Pro 9 5G variant? We already have basic initial support for the SC8280XP (Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3) SoC upstream courtesy of work for the Thinkpad X13s, but of course that doesn't bring full platform support to the Surface devices... Then again, all I'm really interested in is enough support to get those little Project Volterra boxes that share the same motherboard to light up

Comment

So sick of Android tablets, and have been eyeing the Microsoft tablets instead.

Only feature missing from Microsoft tablets is a GPS.

Just not a fan of all of the lock-in and sales type feature focus of Android, such as applications detecting and zealous refusing to run on rooted/modified Android platforms. Not to mention the "share" functions. Only problem, Microsoft was the inventor of all these previously mentioned features, however Android excelled by far!

Eh, Microsoft wannabe Linux operating systems.

Comment

Working...
        X