Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Announces Ryzen 7040/7045HX Mobile CPUs, Ryzen 7000 Series X3D, Instinct MI300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces Ryzen 7040/7045HX Mobile CPUs, Ryzen 7000 Series X3D, Instinct MI300

Phoronix: AMD Announces Ryzen 7040/7045HX Mobile CPUs, Ryzen 7000 Series X3D, Instinct MI300

Tonight during Lisa Su's keynote for CES 2023, a number of exciting AMD announcements were made...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

144M cache for something that can be called "desktop" is a very big number.
    7950X3D should do really well with large dataset (not game related) crunching.
    Would be super interesting to see how it fares.

Comment

I'm excited for this, hoping the APUs have AV1 codec support too

Comment

The impact of having V-Cache just on half of the cores will be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
          The impact of having V-Cache just on half of the cores will be interesting to see
          Ha! Totally missed the fact only one chiplet has it. Oh well, how convenient to show max frequency of non-3dv chiplet then in the slide.

Comment

Hmm. I'm a bit confused if task scheduling will work fine on those CPUs. If one CCD has got large caches but the other one high core frequency, how does the scheduler know where to put any task?

Comment

Was looking forward to the X3D versions, but seeing that they only have one CCD with 3d cache, I think I'll skip this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                I'm excited for this, hoping the APUs have AV1 codec support too
                My hope exactly. But as they come with RDNA3 graphics I think that should be a given. Now only thing missing is laptops with them. Seems no announcements where made there, so hopefully some OEMs will do in the next days.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
                  144M cache for something that can be called "desktop" is a very big number.
                  7950X3D should do really well with large dataset (not game related) crunching.
                  Would be super interesting to see how it fares.
                  Yes, but it's assymetric - only one die has stacked 3D cache. Which make scheduling awkward.
                  And it makes one wonder if we are about to see 7950X3D2 at some point.

Comment

I like segmentation of mobile 4-th gen devices into high performance and mainstream.
                    High performance gets not only up to 16 cores but also good counterpart - new mobile Radeon dGPU RDNA3 units.
                    But those two CU iGPU onboard the chip is still RDNA2. This could introduce some inefficiences and driver complexities I presume.

It's also a shame that mainstream "U" series is to come probably in the second half of the year.

Comment

Working...
                    X