Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.0-rc4 Released With Another 25 Bugs Fixed

Phoronix: Wine 8.0-rc4 Released With Another 25 Bugs Fixed

The fourth release candidate of Wine 8.0 is now available as the project works toward its stable release in the coming weeks. Wine, of course, allows for running Windows programs and games under Linux and other platforms. Valve's Wine fork, Proton, is what powers Steam Play...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Recently I realized that Wine needs the Linux native OpenAL package to be installed in order for Windows software that uses OpenAL to work. Does anyone know if this situation will change when Wine will finish its PE conversion, or will it remain the same?

Comment

My life was empty and incomplete until I could finally play Petz 4 on Linux.

Comment

Of these bugfixes, how many are actually addressing regressions?

Comment

When can Wine get Office, Revit and SolidWorks working please?!? Though these days FreeCAD is becoming a more viable option for the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
            When can Wine get Office, Revit and SolidWorks working please?!? Though these days FreeCAD is becoming a more viable option for the last one.
            You want it to go quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
              Recently I realized that Wine needs the Linux native OpenAL package to be installed in order for Windows software that uses OpenAL to work. Does anyone know if this situation will change when Wine will finish its PE conversion, or will it remain the same?
              Why change? "I realize that WINE needs native OpenGL/Vulkan support to be installed in order for Windows software that uses the OpenGL/Vulkan API to work. Does anyone know if this situation will change when Wine will finish its PE conversion, or will it remain the same?"

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                I use FreeCAD with sheet metal extension and it works fine for small projects. Much better than few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Why change? "I realize that WINE needs native OpenGL/Vulkan support to be installed in order for Windows software that uses the OpenGL/Vulkan API to work. Does anyone know if this situation will change when Wine will finish its PE conversion, or will it remain the same?"
                  I don't get your point? OpenAL is just a small audio library that is used by a few Windows programs. Comparing it to graphics api's is like comparing oranges to watermelons.
                  I also didn't imply I want something to change. I just need to know this for some bug report I filed for Wine Appimage.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

I don't get your point? OpenAL is just a small audio library that is used by a few Windows programs. Comparing it to graphics api's is like comparing oranges to watermelons.
                    I also didn't imply I want something to change. I just need to know this for some bug report I filed for Wine Appimage.
                    If you don't get my point, which was clear by the way, then you are in no position to ask questions about libraries and APIs, just use Proton it does everything for you.

PS: Oh, and by the way, a graphics API, is a graphics library. MESA, is a graphics library. Not small, but a library. Shocking, i know... So no "oranges to watermelons", the only difference is one is for audio another is for video.

Comment

Working...
                    X