No announcement yet.

RBOS Updated As The Linux Live Environment Showcasing The Latest Wayland Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBOS Updated As The Linux Live Environment Showcasing The Latest Wayland Code

Phoronix: RBOS Updated As The Linux Live Environment Showcasing The Latest Wayland Code

For over a decade now RebeccaBlackOS "RBOS" has been around as a live Linux environment intended to showcase the latest Wayland code from various desktops/compositors to other Wayland-native software. RBOS pre-dates many of the major Linux distributions offering any Wayland support out-of-the-box...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool!
    I haven't tried it in many year.
    I thought it didn't even exist anymore.
    Glad to see that it still does.

Comment

It's not Friday though.

Comment

Best distro name of all time.

Comment

Rebecca Black has a new album coming up, Let Her Burn, in 2023-02-09, and CONFIG_VT is set to 'n' in this ISO
          Last edited by nerdopolis; 17 January 2023, 11:27 AM.

Comment

So young, had inspired someone to make a distro with a -CLEAR- goal. Truly a good example for young people 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
              Rebecca Black has a new album coming up, Let Her Burn, in 2023-02-09, and CONFIG_VT is set to 'n' in this ISO
              There's a whole bunch of detailed info on this CONFIG_VT=n change here: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...g_vtn_in_2023/

Comment

I don't know if my dyslexia is acting up or my nick-picky brain. Black Rebecca Operative System would make a great Acronym, BROS. And market "we are the bros that is pushing Wayland to the front" or something like that. Seriously though Rebecca Black OS is a cool name.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
                  I don't know if my dyslexia is acting up or my nick-picky brain. Black Rebecca Operative System would make a great Acronym, BROS. And market "we are the bros that is pushing Wayland to the front" or something like that.
                  I agree that that would be way cool, but Black Rebecca wouldn't be approved by woke.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I agree that that would be way cool, but Black Rebecca wouldn't be approved by woke.
                    At the risk of stepping right into a mess, I believe "Black Rebecca" could be interpreted as "goth" instead, and that checks out.

Comment

Working...
                    X