Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd 253 Is Near With RC3 Out For Testing

Phoronix: systemd 253 Is Near With RC3 Out For Testing

Systemd 253 is gearing up for release while out today is the third and possibly final release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope it makes it into Fedora 38.

Comment

If systemd wasnt such bloatware it wouldnt have to update every day.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        If systemd wasnt such bloatware it wouldnt have to update every day.
        252 was in October 2022, 251 in May 2022, 250 in December 2021.
        Didn't know that 2022 had only 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
          252 was in October 2022, 251 in May 2022, 250 in December 2021.
          Didn't know that 2022 had only 2 days.
          Are you ignoring the many updates in between major version to be intellectually dishonest? Secondly that is a lot of updates for some stable software. Tsktsk. Go play somewhere else.
          Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 14 February 2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            Are you ignoring the many updates in between major version to be intellectually dishonest? Secondly that is a lot of updates for some stable software. Tsktsk. Go play somewhere else.
            I'm not ignoring anything. This is just the reality. systemd has less major updates and also less bug fix releases (and that what the ones in between are …) than the Linux kernel.

No idea what your problem is, but the reality really doesn't speak for your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
              I'm not ignoring anything. This is just the reality. systemd has less major updates and also less bug fix releases (and that what the ones in between are …) than the Linux kernel.

No idea what your problem is, but the reality really doesn't speak for your point of view.
              So your example of systemd not being bloatware is even bigger bloatware? Are you ok in the head ?

Comment

I would not call it 'bloatware'.
                Just shitty software design combined with monopolistic ambitions..

Something else will eventually replace/supersede it.

As a bunch of code, it could have gone way worse..

Comment

Working...
                X