Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarfBuzz 7.0 Text Shaping Engine Released

Phoronix: HarfBuzz 7.0 Text Shaping Engine Released

HarfBuzz 7.0 is out as a new version of this open-source text shaping library used by software like GNOME, KDE, Chrome OS, Java, Chrome, LibreOffice, and others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't care about memory usage as much as I care about performance.
    I hope this doesn't come with sacrifices to performance to achieve lower memory usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I don't care about memory usage as much as I care about performance.
      I hope this doesn't come with sacrifices to performance to achieve lower memory usage.
      Wouldn't surprise me. Linux seems to have this habit of "lets make things better for somebody running GNOME on a 128MB laptop at the expensive of the vast majority on 4GB+ RAM."

Comment

first of all, happy about the release and reducing memory footprint is great! i would assume, that a more efficient use of resources would also help performance.

Comment

Amazing release, updated https://t2sde.org/packages/harfbuzz

Comment

Good to see some of the Boring Expansion stuff landing. Can't wait to have more than 65536 glyphs per font.

Comment

Working...
            X