Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12 "Bookworm" Enters Its Hard Freeze

Phoronix: Debian 12 "Bookworm" Enters Its Hard Freeze

Following last month's soft freeze for Debian 12 "Bookworm", this popular Linux distribution is now in its hard freeze until its release time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They are so busy doing this that they are neglecting the release of Debian 11.7 which was scheduled for mid-February ;-(

Comment

Already on Debian 12 Bookworm, pretty solid distro. I get lowest idle power usage of all distros I tried, don't know what is the catch.

Comment

There is no Bookworm "Alpha 3" (or will they call it "Beta 1") release yet, for a downloadable installation iso:

Comment

Originally posted by wooque View Post
          Already on Debian 12 Bookworm, pretty solid distro. I get lowest idle power usage of all distros I tried, don't know what is the catch.
          There is always a catch and in this case it is sacrificing some comfortability for freedom, the right to use, etc... Personally I would call this a benefit 😉

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Did KDE Plasma 5.27 make the cut?

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
              Did KDE Plasma 5.27 make the cut?
              Yes, version 5.27.2 is in bookworm

Comment

Originally posted by wooque View Post
                I'm using it for 6 months [cinnamon] . Nice and gentle as always .
                As usual, I have a little problem: the performance governor .
                I want to configure it for always stay in "performance" mode and persist the configuration.
                For the time being, after turning on the pc, I run a script to change the governor (as root).

#!/bin/bash
                echo "performance" | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

In case anyone have a better and more elegant solution, thanks in advance .
                Regards

Comment

If You are using cpufrequtils then just set the GOVERNOR variable in /etc/default/cpufrequtils​.

However, I would probably just use the cpupower (from the linux-cpupower package) with a simple systemd unit like this:

Code:
                  [Unit]
                  Description=CPU governor service
                  [Service]
                  Type=oneshot
                  ExecStart=/usr/bin/cpupower -c all frequency-set -g performance
                  [Install]
                  WantedBy=multi-user.target

Comment

Originally posted by slotdime View Post

I'm using it for 6 months [cinnamon] . Nice and gentle as always .
                    As usual, I have a little problem: the performance governor .
                    I want to configure it for always stay in "performance" mode and persist the configuration.
                    For the time being, after turning on the pc, I run a script to change the governor (as root).

#!/bin/bash
                    echo "performance" | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

In case anyone have a better and more elegant solution, thanks in advance .
                    Regards
                    Arch wiki is always good source of information

Comment

Working...
                    X