Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labwc 0.6.2 Released For Openbox-Inspired Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Labwc 0.6.2 Released For Openbox-Inspired Wayland Compositor

Labwc 0.6.2 was released on Monday as the newest version of this wlroots-based window-stacking Wayland compositor that is inspired by Openbox...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations to the developers, this is actually shaping up to be a pretty usable compositor. I was wishing for an openbox style compositor on wayland for a long, long time.
    But now I have to decide if I want to keep playing with this, or just go back to sway.

Comment

I'll have to look at this later. "Openbox-inspired" means there is a better than average chance I will like it.

Comment

Okay, this looks cool!

Comment

really wish it didnt blindly say no to all animations and presumably shadows

they could be used to communicate with purpose which panel icon a window is lowering to, where a raising window came from, which windows moved where during mass tiling, the order of stacked windows, which window is currently selected (if elements dont fade for deselected windows), etc

accessibility or at least reducing mental context switches should not be considered a frill

Comment

Working...
          X