Rosenzweig Steps Down As Open-Source Arm Mali "Panfrost" Driver Maintainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenzweig Steps Down As Open-Source Arm Mali "Panfrost" Driver Maintainer

Phoronix: Rosenzweig Steps Down As Open-Source Arm Mali "Panfrost" Driver Maintainer

Alyssa Rosenzweig who has been leading the Panfrost open-source Arm Mali graphics driver reverse engineering effort the past half-decade is stepping down as maintainer of this driver as part of this also being her last day at Collabora...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is it too much to hope for PVR work?

Comment

Well, it is either one of the established companies or a Chinese GPU startup willing to work with Mesa.

Comment

It is hard to guess what Alyssa Rosenzweig's new company will be. Collabora does invest in the common infrastructure so she could have stayed there. She probably took the pay bump by leaving. The only other company that I can think of that would want to increase investment in the common infrastructure is Valve. Perhaps, Red Hat but I don't recall seeing an open position recently.

Comment

Valve?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
            Valve?
            My initial guesses were Valve or Apple. Some form of hardware accelerated Linux VM for gaming on Apple Silicon macs.

Comment

My guess is that she's going to Asahi Linux given her previous work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
                My initial guesses were Valve or Apple. Some form of hardware accelerated Linux VM for gaming on Apple Silicon macs.
                The "cynical bastard" part of my brain immediately thought Apple, since it would be a conflict of interest to continue working on Linux drivers/support for M1/M2 if working for them and it would be an excellent strategy on Apples' part...

...I would like that part of me to be proven wrong, of course.

Comment

She's quite young (either in or just out of undergrad). Very bright future wherever she ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lbibass View Post
                    My guess is that she's going to Asahi Linux given her previous work with them.
                    Ummmm She already "works" there. LOL You know Asahi Linux is a community project and not a company right? They take in donations to buy like hardware but I am not aware they are able to pay a full time developer.
                    Last edited by oldtimefighter; 10 April 2023, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X