Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCL Shared Virtual Memory Comes To Mesa's Rusticl Driver

Phoronix: OpenCL Shared Virtual Memory Comes To Mesa's Rusticl Driver

Mesa 23.1 enables RadeonSI Rusticl support while for next quarter's Mesa 23.2, which just started development, there is already a big ticket item for Rusticl: Shared Virtual Memory (SVM) support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Imagine asking this to be renamed as rsicl

Comment

always glad to see rusticl support getting worked on, I only personally have one or two workloads that can utilize it, eventually I want to look into testing potential d3d12 for it

Comment

Am i the only one that finds it crazy that Nouveau is only driver currently that can use it?

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
          Am i the only one that finds it crazy that Nouveau is only driver currently that can use it?
          Yes, but that is so cool. Finally, Nouveau might get good enough for me to simply ditch Nvidia proprietary drivers on the one laptop that uses them.

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post

Yes, but that is so cool. Finally, Nouveau might get good enough for me to simply ditch Nvidia proprietary drivers on the one laptop that uses them.
            It's a nice to have, but the main problem of nouveau still exists: Power Management.

Comment

yes, but hasnt karol been working on nouveau for years? i would then see it as a nouveau cl bring up that happens to be generic enough for others to use (and the others already have their own cl support)

Comment

He's going to prototype new features on the driver he's most familiar with, and the one where he can most easily make changes. That's nouveau.

Comment

Michael
                  I think you should do some benchmarks with rusticl, on radeon graphics, and compare with nvidia and such..
                  It would be a very good way for us to have an idea, of the level this driver is ..

Comment

Originally posted by kn00tcn View Post
                    yes, but hasnt karol been working on nouveau for years? i would then see it as a nouveau cl bring up that happens to be generic enough for others to use (and the others already have their own cl support)
                    Ah makes sense if that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X