digiKam 8.0 Released With Expanded File Format Support, New OCR Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digiKam 8.0 Released With Expanded File Format Support, New OCR Tool

Phoronix: digiKam 8.0 Released With Expanded File Format Support, New OCR Tool

The digiKam 8.0 open-source professional photo management software has been released. The digiKam 8.0 release brings a host of new features and improvements, including ongoing work of porting over to the Qt6 toolkit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Better integration with QMIC-Qt 3.2.2.

Comment

huh interesting. wonder how it compares to darktable. should to try for myself and see

Comment

Different markets, I thought. And complementary.
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcat4 View Post
          huh interesting. wonder how it compares to darktable.
          Digikam is a pretty good image organizer with some primitive RAW development functionality built-in.
          Darktable is a pretty good RAW developer with some primitive image organizing functionality built-in.

Comment

/me grabs popcorn for people either hating on KDE apps or because the name has a capital K

But seriously: I never really liked digiKam and always preferred gThumb, even though I've been a KDE or at least Qt desktop user for years. But I recently decided to give it another spin and it's actually really good now. So looking forward to more improvements in 8.0!

Comment

It's been 'pretty good' for years now. Lots of convenience going on in there as well, so nice for people wanting a camera to finished product. A bit of a learning hike, buy not outlandish.
              Hi

Comment

Working...
              X