No announcement yet.

9elements Security Talks Up AMD openSIL Open-Source Firmware With 4th Gen EPYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9elements Security Talks Up AMD openSIL Open-Source Firmware With 4th Gen EPYC

Phoronix: 9elements Security Talks Up AMD openSIL Open-Source Firmware With 4th Gen EPYC

For weeks we have been eager to learn more about AMD openSIL that will formally be announced at the OCP Prague event later this week. In anticipation of that event, AMD last week revealed the initial details around this open-source firmware push...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm hoping that this helps pave the way for Coreboot on current Ryzen laptops with chips like the 5500U. I recently got an SPI programmer and have had some fun messing around with the UEFI, although trying to do much more than change some strings in places has appeared to be a dead end.

Comment

I hope openSIL arrives to their mainstream Ryzen and Threadripper lineups.

Comment

This groundbreaking collaboration marks a pivotal milestone in the open-source firmware movement and paves the way for new industry standards
        Where code?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Where code?
          Mostly moved to the closed source libraries along with the PSP black box the influencers are conveniently ignoring.

Comment

I wonder how exactly that will look like and if the "PSP issue" will be addressed. And hoping that this will not be limited to big money Epyc servers but also come to all sorts of AMD tech, Zen desktop/mobile/embedded, future CPUs/APUs/GPUs and even previous ones.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
            X