Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK3 Port Of GIMP Is "Officially Finished"

Phoronix: GTK3 Port Of GIMP Is "Officially Finished"

The long-awaited port of the GIMP image manipulation program to the GTK3 toolkit is now declared "officially finished"...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It feels like they've been working on this for a VERY long time, perhaps they ought to release a 3.0 and have more features come out in 3.1, etc.

Comment

I feel old already

Comment

🦀🦀🦀 Gimp 3.0 is out 🦀🦀🦀

It finally happened.

Comment

Even the April Fool's jokes come late!

Comment

Gimp really needs a better development model and backing. Current pace of such kind of things makes it drag forever.

Comment

just in time for people to start asking when gtk4

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                Very likely that there wont be a GTK4 version of it, since there isnt much worth in porting to it. I'd guess they will at some point port away of deprecated features and jump to GTK5.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                  I'd ask for Qt to begin with. Would be ironic if Gimp will switch to it after giving GTK itself its name.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    Gimp really needs a better development model and backing. Current pace of such kind of things makes it drag forever.
                    Its not that GIMP has too little backing. Its that GIMP used highly custom GTK stuff that survived from before GTK was ripped out of GIMP. All this needed to go for the GTK3 port and be ported to the regular GTK widgets, which just took forever.
                    A port to GTK4 should be a much smoother experience and I expect some crude port late this year or early next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X