Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redesigned Flathub Site Launches For Flatpak Apps

Phoronix: Redesigned Flathub Site Launches For Flatpak Apps

A redesigned version of the Flathub website has launched for this weekend's Linux App Summit. Flathub remains the centralized website for exploring and finding new Flatpak sandboxed Linux apps...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, but the app icons all look quite blurry on my 4K 200% screen. It would be useful if they had a policy that 512x512 icons should be provided. Now it looks a bit like a mess, while it shouldn't need to be. Happy flatpak user further.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
      Nice, but the app icons all look quite blurry on my 4K 200% screen. It would be useful if they had a policy that 512x512 icons should be provided. Now it looks a bit like a mess, while it shouldn't need to be. Happy flatpak user further.
      I'm quite picky when it comes to fidelity, but it LGTM on a 5K2K display.

Comment

Hope they get their payment thing ready in this year.

Comment

I like the current prominent "Donate" button based on AppStream instead of another custom-built money moving feature.

Comment

Elegant! Unrelated, but I just have to say I love Flatpak and how nicely the ecosystem has matured. It's pretty much the best app installation experience among all operating systems.

I recommend Flatseal as a way to finetune or just see permissions. If I had one feature wish, it would be more visibility for these permissions while installing an app, kinda like you get in Android stores.

Comment

Nice. Flatpak is the future of end-user application distribution on GNU/Linux (distribution-specific package managers will ever live for system packages).
              Using it on Gentoo and OpenSUSE.

Comment

the wonders of linux....flatpaks ...."solved" the issue with compatibility of different version of linux libraries....
                but i think you can also add wine to the same category....considering that you can run so many games on linux now....even games that were ported to linux and stopped to work for some "strange" reasons.

Comment

There goes the URL I was going to use for my lucky star fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                    the wonders of linux....flatpaks ...."solved" the issue with compatibility of different version of linux libraries....
                    but i think you can also add wine to the same category....considering that you can run so many games on linux now....even games that were ported to linux and stopped to work for some "strange" reasons.
                    Winepak was a project (still exists, but inactive) that treated Wine as a platform to package Windows apps as Flatpak packages. Wine was a platform, as Freedesktop is a platform in Flathub.

PS: https://github.com/winepak/winepak-sdk
                    Last edited by evasb; 23 April 2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X