GCC 13.1 Released With Modula-2 Language Support, More C23/C++23 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 13.1 Released With Modula-2 Language Support, More C23/C++23 Features

Phoronix: GCC 13.1 Released With Modula-2 Language Support, More C23/C++23 Features

GCC 13.1 has been released as the first stable version of GCC 13 as this annual feature release to the GNU Compiler Collection...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

updated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkbJZ2TXUM

Comment

GCC14 will follow clang in making implicit function declarations an error. Going to be an interesting change.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
        GCC14 will follow clang in making implicit function declarations an error. Going to be an interesting change.
        Probably not much actual code uses this anymore, but IIRC even relatively recent versions of autoconf generate such code for feature tests. Interesting indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by jabl View Post

Probably not much actual code uses this anymore, but IIRC even relatively recent versions of autoconf generate such code for feature tests. Interesting indeed.
          It’s having a large impact at gentoo, there’s a tracker currently open for it:

Comment

For your information, I compiled GCC13 this morning and just after I recompiled linux 6.3.0 in low latency .... the difference is noticiable.

Michael I used optimized gcc options given in an old phoronix test. First, I notice that I don't have no more console warnings at boot and shadow of the tomb raider benchmark is better (around 5 to 10%).

Comment

That's most of my system built with GCC 13.1 now. Chromium builds with clang but uses libstdc++ from GCC 13, so I'm having to add lots of <cstdint> everywhere - yay

Comment

Working...
              X