Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 44.1 Released With Many Fixes

Phoronix: GNOME 44.1 Released With Many Fixes

It's been one month already since the debut of GNOME 44 and out today is the first point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Until they implement VRR it will continue to not be an option for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
      And minimize icon, and system tray, among other rather basic options that it lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
        What about 16 bit color channels?

Comment

Mutter 44.1 should fix the bug where War Thunder fails to run fullscreen.

And crashing the GUI when dcom is messed with, I hope.

Comment

My first open source MR merged 🙂. (Nautilus crash)

Comment

And which useful functionality was removed?

Comment

When is a taskbar coming? I much prefer clicking on a taskbar icon to change windows rather than pressing Super for the "expose" effect and trying to find the right window there.

Comment

I love GNOME 44!

I would like to see it possible to use it entirely without any dependencies on X11 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Estranged1906 View Post
                    When is a taskbar coming? I much prefer clicking on a taskbar icon to change windows rather than pressing Super for the "expose" effect and trying to find the right window there.
                    What's wrong with using Dash to Panel extension? I've been using it at least since 3.18 (maybe before I don't recall). It's well maintained, gets updated quickly with new releases, and is very configurable.

I've had Gnome Tweaks set to enable maximize/minimize buttons, installed Dash to Panel and KStatusNotifier extensions for years, and it's been quite useable.

Comment

Working...
                    X