Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Beta Now Honors KDE & GNOME Global Scaling Factor

Phoronix: Steam Beta Now Honors KDE & GNOME Global Scaling Factor

Today's Steam client beta will be a delight for some Linux gamers with the Steam client finally recognizing the GNOME and KDE desktop global scaling factor for text sizing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they'll fix building Proton with GCC 13 next. Currently it fails compiling on Arch, and I am stuck with the last version that fails installing the EA app launcher which impacts my gaming addiction quite a bit. :/

Comment

Year of the Linux desktop confirmed 💯😄

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that when I try this the window is going to be "double" hidpi and thus 4 times it's regular scale?

Comment

It honored it a year ago. Then several months ago, it stopped honoring it. It is nice to hear it works again.

Comment

Originally posted by murlakatamenka View Post
            Year of the Linux desktop confirmed 💯😄
            But it's just false statistics, I , personally, out of the 120 million others, don't receive the survey, THEREFORE the stats are wrong!!

Comment

I'm glad to see this change, plus the fallback of hard-coding a scaling factor into arguments. In just 1 month, my 3 biggest pain points for Steam on Linux for several years have all been addressed:

1: Slow
              2: Bad HiDPI behavior
              3: A tad on the ugly, dated side

I'd love if they could (better) support skins, themes, or color customizations. I just get exhausted looking at the same thing all the time, and I like to change it up now and then.
              Last edited by Mitch; 07 May 2023, 02:14 PM.

Comment

A small fix for a long standing issue, was hoping for a steam client that is wayland native

also native games like dota and csgo are broken on many distros at the moment because of some lavapipe version incompatibility

anyway glad valve are slowly addressing these things

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
                  It honored it a year ago. Then several months ago, it stopped honoring it. It is nice to hear it works again.
                  It never stopped working for me.. Shrug

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post

But it's just false statistics, I , personally, out of the 120 million others, don't receive the survey, THEREFORE the stats are wrong!!
                    How to receive the survey:

1- Take out your AMD gpu and replace it with an Ngreedia.

2- Swap the motherboard and cpu containing an AMD cpu for an Intel one.

3- Remove Linux and install Windows.

And voilà!

Your survey will pop every month!

Comment

Working...
                    X