Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers In Germany Planning For Plasma 6.0

Phoronix: KDE Developers In Germany Planning For Plasma 6.0

Prominent KDE developer Nate Graham shared that key KDE developers are currently in Germany for an in-person Plasma 6.0 development sprint...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to have new major version coming. With major UI changes on win11, and gnome 40. It's a good opportunity to have a new refreshed look. I'm looking forward to the changes they are going to bring to the table

Comment

I realy like KDE, but I like that photo more

Comment

The KDE Wiki page also lists discussion topics [..] whether Wayland by default is feasible for Plasma 6.0
        Yes, please, yes! Get rid of the old dependencies and restrictions! Then KDE can simplify its code base.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          Nice to have new major version coming. With major UI changes on win11, and gnome 40. It's a good opportunity to have a new refreshed look. I'm looking forward to the changes they are going to bring to the table
          Yeah, I also hope they'll come up with a new fresh default look. I really disliked the default Breeze theme ever since Plasma 5 was released.

Comment

I hate the fact that vulkan is not the discussion topics.

Comment

If not Breeze, then...what? Before rhat was Oxygen, the Apple knock-off.

Otherwise the easy, clean approach to a default orientation that is Breeze, is a breeze to navigate with whilst one finds an alternative in the theme searcher mo-dealy-thingamabob.
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

Yeah, I also hope they'll come up with a new fresh default look. I really disliked the default Breeze theme ever since Plasma 5 was released.
                Care to explain or give examples of what you like/want? I have, many times, watched/listened "Internet voices" criticize things and, then, when they "show" what they "want", back off terrorized in disbelief.

Please, tell us that is not something like Windows 8/10/11, where you have to run your mouse over to know what is clickable or not.

Breeze is not my favorite theme, but I find it to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  If not Breeze, then...what? Before rhat was Oxygen, the Apple knock-off.

Otherwise the easy, clean approach to a default orientation that is Breeze, is a breeze to navigate with whilst one finds an alternative in the theme searcher mo-dealy-thingamabob.
                  Oxygen was MILES better than Breeze. Also, care to explain how is it an Apple knock-off?

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post

Care to explain or give examples of what you like/want? I have, many times, watched/listened "Internet voices" criticize things and, then, when they "show" what they "want", back off terrorized in disbelief.

Please, tell us that is not something like Windows 8/10/11, where you have to run your mouse over to know what is clickable or not.

Breeze is not my favorite theme, but I find it to be fine.
                    From a usability pov, I have no issue with any ui in a sense that I have no difficulties with any of them, like distinguishing what is clickable or not (I always wonder why do some people have such difficulties if they don't have some serious sight issues).
                    But from purely an aesthetical pov, Breeze looks like it was made in MS paint or something. I just hate its flat and boxy design and that's the same reason I hate Windows 8 and 10 ui. Windows 11 ui is overally pretty good (if you don't count all the ui inconsistencies that currently plague Windows). I wouldn't say I like exaggerated rounded corners like on MacOS, but on Windows 11 they look just right. I also like how Windows 11 ui returns to the use of depth and gradients like in Windows Aero ui on Vista and 7 which I loved. So I would like to see Plasma 6 adapt a ui that is somewhat similar to Windows 11.
                    Btw, I'd argue that the use of depth and gradients actually makes the different ui elements more distinguishable. It doesn't have to be to the point of skeuomorphism like with Windows Aero, but on Windows 11 it looks just right.
                    Last edited by user1; 06 May 2023, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X