Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 8.0

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 8.0

CodeWeavers has announced the release this morning of CrossOver 8.0. This software, which is based upon Wine and allows users to run their favorite Windows applications on Mac OS X or Linux, features several prominent improvements in this major update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also in other news, Codeweavers also made a significantly large code contribution to WINE at the same time.

Comment

Yes, that's why CodeWeavers is a great company compared to Cedega. They have consistently supported WINE and have always contributed back to the community project.

Comment

I don't understand, Transgaming used wine in their eralier versions of their product, WineX. What is their current status? They don't use wine anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          I don't understand, Transgaming used wine in their eralier versions of their product, WineX. What is their current status? They don't use wine anymore?
          As far as I'm aware they still do, but it's quite an old fork of Wine, so there may be significant differences in implementation in some parts. On the other hand, I also have the impression they use some current Wine dlls essentially unmodified. The most significant difference is probably their Direct3D implementation. Considering how much has changed in Wine's Direct3D implementation since their fork, I doubt their code has has much in common with the Wine implementation.

Wrt. contributing back, Transgaming does send patches every now and then, but it's rather limited. See http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...aming.com&sr=1 for a list. In all fairness though, it should be noted that some of their employees like e.g. Ove K?ven did contribute quite a number of patches before the WineX fork.

(Yes, I work for CodeWeavers, so I suppose I'm biased.)

Comment

Working...
          X