Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 11 Beta Brings Integrated Terminal, GitHub Copilot

Phoronix: Qt Creator 11 Beta Brings Integrated Terminal, GitHub Copilot

For developers fond of the Qt/C++ focused Qt Creator integrated development environment, today the Qt Group has published the first beta of this next IDE feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Terminal? That's a great addition!
    GitHub Copilot? But why?

Comment

Terminal? Better late then never
      Copilot? I mean whoever uses Qt has no principles anyways, so I guess its THE target audience for copilot.

Comment

Copilot integration wouldn't be so bad if Copilot was free or had better pricing options. Then again, with what Qt costs, the costs of Copilot are negligible.

Comment

The integrated terminal is much welcomed addition.

Comment

"Qt only costs money if you want to develop proprietary extensions to Qt. Proprietary code that uses Qt can still be developed for free, because the LGPL and other licenses used in Qt allow runtime linking. Free software extensions to Qt can also be developed for free (obviously).​"

Comment

"So you only pay if you want to improve Qt, but do not want to share your improvements. You want to take something, but give nothing in return - I think in that case it's reasonable that you should pay up."​
              -- https://www.quora.com/Why-do-they-us...ladislav-Zorov

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                ...I mean whoever uses Qt has no principles anyways,..
                Seriously? Please explain your logic on this asinine statement.

Comment

A console terminal inside a GUI app? That's some ground breaking innovation right here

Comment

I love QtCreator.. Great app..
                    But why did it take so long to add a terminal?

Comment

Working...
                    X