Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 12.0 Released - Powered By Linux 6.1 LTS, Easier Non-Free Firmware Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12.0 Released - Powered By Linux 6.1 LTS, Easier Non-Free Firmware Handling

Phoronix: Debian 12.0 Released - Powered By Linux 6.1 LTS, Easier Non-Free Firmware Handling

Following more than one and a half years in development, Debian 12 is officially shipping today as the latest major release for this long-maintained Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's new:I'm a big fan of reproducible builds whose status you can track here. Hopefully they'll reach 100% someday and I want to hope that other serious distros will follow as well.

Comment

Why are all their links to downloads for 11.7?

Comment

Congratulations for release. There's no Linux without Debian.

Comment

It's not released. micronews.debian.org says images are still being built and tested, which seems like something that should already have happened. Someone pulled the trigger on the press release too soon.

Comment

haven't used Debian for decades, but I'm happy they're doing great!

Comment

Too bad that big repository doesn't include also Sunshine and Moonlight packages for proper game streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                Congratulations for release. There's no Linux without Debian.
                But on the downside there would be no Ubuntu without Debian.

Comment

Yaaaaay Debian 12, here we go!

A thing I don't like one bit that I learned through the release notes (I think it was there) is that switching from GTK3 to GTK4 leads to a big loss of compatibility with screen readers like orca.

Since it falls into upstream and I don't use GNOME, does anyone know if someone cares about that among the GTK devs? Whether there are plans to tackle it or alternatives?

Comment

And with this annoying Nautilus bug unfixed. :-/

Comment

Working...
                    X