Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's Venus VirtIO-GPU Driver Adds More Extensions To Help Zink

Phoronix: Mesa's Venus VirtIO-GPU Driver Adds More Extensions To Help Zink

The Mesa Venus driver that provides Vulkan API support for use inside of QEMU with VirtIO-GPU has added a number of extensions to help support for the Zink OpenGL-on-Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

really hope qemu can implement these soon, I have a couple of really cool projects waiting for this and crosvm is just too much of a pain

Comment

This will all be great if the developers ever manage to create a fully functional Windows guest driver. Until then I have a host Linux system with all the GPU acceleration I need.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
        This will all be great if the developers ever manage to create a fully functional Windows guest driver. Until then I have a host Linux system with all the GPU acceleration I need.
        That's not too easy due to different graphics APIs...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          really hope qemu can implement these soon, I have a couple of really cool projects waiting for this and crosvm is just too much of a pain
          There was a mention in March that they were planning to by around now to be making some more progress with QEMU support: https://www.collabora.com/news-and-b...iver/#qcom1860

So hopefully we'll hear something about that soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

There was a mention in March that they were planning to by around now to be making some more progress with QEMU support: https://www.collabora.com/news-and-b...iver/#qcom1860

So hopefully we'll hear something about that soon enough
            in the qemu mailing list it was mentioned that vulkan work was picking back up (on that and a potential gfxstream implementation which could be really cool), but I've never gotten venus to work on my gpu on either qemu or crosvm (polaris 580), I do plan on testing the DG2 eventually, but since before I got accsess to the a380 then crosvm has simply just, stopped working for me entirely

Comment

Working...
            X