Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.11 Brings Various Improvements For Windows Apps On Linux

Phoronix: Wine 8.11 Brings Various Improvements For Windows Apps On Linux

A new bi-weekly release of Wine is now available for enjoying Windows applications and games on Linux and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this wine version have various things can affect dxvk for example

winevulkan: Update to VK spec version 1.3.254.

https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.g...93d0db97e12e9c
    before enable VK_EXT_depth_bias_control and now with last oibaf mesa drivers anv and radv have support

in my case with anv

this apply to dx9 titles

stay related to this

this affect some DX9 titles like: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (shadows) - FarCry 2 (character) - FEAR (some transparency effects) - The Saboteur (texture flickering) maybe others

almost forget wine staging 8.10 in my case dont begin in virtual desktop but wine 8.11 in virtual desktop work ok

Last edited by pinguinpc; 24 June 2023, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I wish there would be again those occasional report which shows the changes across the WineDB. I know this report had some manual labour put into. Maybe this could be automated. I liked those stats.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
        this wine version have various things can affect dxvk for example before enable VK_EXT_depth_bias_control and now with last oibaf mesa drivers anv and radv have support in my case with anv this apply to dx9 titles stay related to this https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/pull/3501 this affect some DX9 titles like: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (shadows) - FarCry 2 (character) - FEAR (some transparency effects) - The Saboteur (texture flickering) maybe others almost forget wine staging 8.10 in my case dont begin in virtual desktop but wine 8.11 in virtual desktop work ok
        Hello. I love your Wine posta. Michael should make you a Phoronix editor.

I was going to ask about Wine Staging. No Wine Staging 8.11 or what? I miss the typical news about Wine vs Wine Staging patches too!​

Comment

But does iTunes work yet?

Comment

Originally posted by poncho524 View Post
            But does iTunes work yet?
            You can easily download and install iTunes for Linux! iTunes is a media player and the client app for the iTunes Store, owned and developed by Apple Inc. It

Don't know because no one bothers testing itunes regularly or updating the winedb when it works or not. Could work since you are interested do you mind testing and reporting it.

Comment

Update

In my case steam client dont working in this wine version and show this error

[0625/075106.289:ERRORplatform_font_skia.cc(343)] Could not find any font: Tahoma, sans. Falling back to the def
              ault​

Comment

Working...
              X