Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Plasma 6 Work Continues, SDDM To Be Incubated By KDE

Phoronix: More Plasma 6 Work Continues, SDDM To Be Incubated By KDE

The KDE Plasma 6 desktop is becoming more "livable" and each week new features continue to be implemented. This week was another lively phase of development toward Plasma 6.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, KDE is great, that's all.

Comment

I don't know what to think about sddm being "incubated" into kde. Do other projects use sddm? My guess is it will help development overall, but I ddi wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnsterp View Post
        I don't know what to think about sddm being "incubated" into kde. Do other projects use sddm? My guess is it will help development overall, but I ddi wonder.
        I think it was originally a Liri project, but that seems mostly dead.

Comment

One benefit of bringing it in is the ability to more easily use Plasma technology, like allowing network and Bluetooth management without logging in.

Comment

Hope they fix loginctl multiseat in sddm. Now lightdm is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

I think it was originally a Liri project, but that seems mostly dead.
              Funny that of all the liri projects, SDDM is the only one that has made an impact to this day.

The other ones literally had zero impact on the Qt-Linux ecosystem.
              Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 24 June 2023, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Qt scaling will be used on X11 in Plasma 6.
                Nice. I have an old bug about this, I noticed Nate updated it (just some rewording) this week.

Comment

What about LightDM and greetd? They seem a lot more actively developed than SDDM too, plus supporting graphical and TUI greeters too, plus a lot more features. greetd seems quite interesting, for example.

Comment

Be careful, next thing you know people will start calling KDE the new systemd.

Comment

Working...
                    X