Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's Rusticl Lands Experimental FP16 OpenCL Support

Phoronix: Mesa's Rusticl Lands Experimental FP16 OpenCL Support

Mesa's Rust-written OpenCL implementation Rusticl for Gallium3D drivers has now added experimental FP16 to its feature set...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this be able to replace all proprietary or one vendor only OpenCL implementations in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      Will this be able to replace all proprietary or one vendor only OpenCL implementations in the future?
      I hope so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        Seems like that's the natural course of things if they keep adding features(opencl 3.0 only requires you to implement the features in opencl1.2 and the rest are optional), the only problem is nothing really uses OpenCL anymore. Apart from KNlmeans-CL, john, crypto miners that are now completely pointless, and davinci resolve I can't think of anything that uses it.

DR didn't work with clover(was useless anyway) according to the archwiki so if it works with rusticl then it's an improvement. It would be amazing if there was a way to use Pytorch with mesa so that people who aren't lucky enough to have an rocm-compatible GPU like I do could have the ability to do something with their cards.

Comment

Working...
        X