Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.12 Released With Additional Wayland Enablement

Phoronix: Wine 8.12 Released With Additional Wayland Enablement

Wine 8.12 is available today as the newest bi-weekly development release of this open-source software for enjoying Windows games and applications under Linux and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Some guy on reddit compared how many lines of wayland code were merged versus how many there are.

And that's a long ride...

Comment

I'm happy to see the code merging, even if slowly

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
        Some guy on reddit compared how many lines of wayland code were merged versus how many there are.

And that's a long ride...
        It really depends. I assume foundational code changes that seem quite small on a cursory look are much harder to merge than the final code dump where the actual backend is added.

Comment

With this wine version in my case steam..................

Back to work

Also can use depth bias control too

However in my case needs wait for staging 8.12 for see fix launching programs case appetizer

Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 July 2023, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Update

In my case also fix keyboard input on atelier sophie non dx version aka DX9​

In before wine versions only work space and 0 but dont keyboard arrows and for before dont be possible played with keyboard​

wine staging 8.12 stay avalaible but in my case......

Comment

Still can't run anything without q4wine and it seems to have broken input support in all of my games. I guess I'll keep waiting. Once in a while there comes a version that's utterly broken on my system.
              Last edited by Melcar; 09 July 2023, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Linux quality news.. no feature, they just started to implement something.. value for end user until is done zero..
                Good products, have better/real announcements. These over positive, biased news makes Linux ridiculous.. its like some blind religion.. Get better.

Comment

Working...
                X