Google Revises New Driver For Stadia Controller Rumble Support On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Revises New Driver For Stadia Controller Rumble Support On Linux

Phoronix: Google Revises New Driver For Stadia Controller Rumble Support On Linux

While Google shutdown their Stadia game streaming service, with updated firmware there is Bluetooth (BLE) support for the controller as well as USB wired connectivity for those wishing to continue using this gaming controller. Google engineers have also been working on a new Linux driver for enabling force feedback "rumble" support with this controller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do not have one of those things, but I applaud the ones inside Google that stepped forward to save these controllers from the landfill. One nice thing would be to liberate the WiFi component of them to connect to your own PC for inside house streaming, but I guess that part will take a long time of reverse engineering by independent hackers.

Comment

I wish Google would open source the hardware to the Stadia controller, releasing the CAD and ECAD files.

Comment

I have one and I'm happy that some Google engineers are spending their time to make those controllers live again

Comment

Working...
        X