Qt Creator 11 Released With Integrated Terminal, GitHub Copilot Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 11 Released With Integrated Terminal, GitHub Copilot Integration

Phoronix: Qt Creator 11 Released With Integrated Terminal, GitHub Copilot Integration

Qt Creator 11 is out today as the Qt/C++ focused integrated development environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt Creator 11 brings an arguably long overdue feature... It finally has an integrated terminal!
    Nah, it's... disabling cursor blinking!

Comment

How did it take so long?

Comment

Yakuake is still more convenient than any integrated terminal can ever be.

Comment

Definitely the best IDE I don't use.

Comment

Been learning CPP and QT, I'll have to spin this and move my main project to it. (And finish it, lol.)

It's got its issues with stuff not being set-able from the IDE, which is insane. But it's rare enough it's not the worst. But it's a good tool over all, not too bad. Just kinda insane how they force you to structure your stuff...well, however the hell they laid it out. lol. Although I'm surprised at how the build system (being the archaic garbage makefiles or whatever it is) is so fragile, shit is hard to keep updated between builds, commits, changes, etc.

Overall, good tool, archaic in ways, but still not the worst. Worth making software in, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              [b]Phoronix: Qt Creator 11 Released With Integrated Terminal
              Congrats, QtCreator11 can now read e-mail and has reached the end of its purposeful life.

Comment

I used it daily at work and at home, and I never ever missed an integrated terminal... why should I use one if I can use my DE terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Yakuake is still more convenient than any integrated terminal can ever be.
                  Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Working...
                  X