No announcement yet.

NVK Merge Request Opened For Landing Open-Source NVIDIA Vulkan Driver In Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVK Merge Request Opened For Landing Open-Source NVIDIA Vulkan Driver In Mesa

Phoronix: NVK Merge Request Opened For Landing Open-Source NVIDIA Vulkan Driver In Mesa

NVK as the open-source NVIDIA Vulkan driver being developed for Mesa has to this point been developed out-of-tree as it's been in its early stages, depends upon Nouveau DRM kernel driver improvements, and ultimately isn't too useful until the Nouveau GSP/re-clocking situation is sorted out upstream. But overnight the merge request was opened to introduce NVK to mainline Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Typo

"upostream" should be "upstream"

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
      Michael

Typo

"upostream" should be "upstream"
      Thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Headline should be: Multi billion dollar company needs volunteers to support their hardware.
        Glad I switched to AMD!

Comment

It's supposed to be unstable on Kepler, but I'm curious about running this on my GTX 780.

Comment

nvidia monkeys can't even make a proper kernel side driver

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
              Headline should be: Multi billion dollar company needs volunteers to support their hardware.
              Glad I switched to AMD!
              NVIDIA doesn't need or care about this driver, the community does. Previously it was "NVIDIA is against the community" (which was never true but who cares) nowadays "NVIDIA doesn't want to pay for what the community wants" (which is also false because they've invested a ton of money into open sourcing their driver, not to mention a number of other open source projects NVIDIA contributes to - they just don't want to pay for a new implementation of the user space part which they already provide and which works great). Hopefully tomorrow you'll find new things to blame NVIDIA for. Or maybe one day you'll wake and realize NVIDIA doesn't owe you or Open Source anything and instead you could be thankful they are cooperating in the first place. Nah, I guess hating and blaming is cooler, right?

It's a completely wasted day if there's no hateful comments about something or someone on Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

NVIDIA doesn't need or care about this driver, the community does. Previously it was "NVIDIA is against the community" (which was never true but who cares) nowadays "NVIDIA doesn't want to pay for what the community wants" (which is also false because they've invested a ton of money into open sourcing their driver, not to mention a number of other open source projects NVIDIA contributes to - they just don't want to pay for a new implementation of the user space part which they already provide and which works great). Hopefully tomorrow you'll find new things to blame NVIDIA for. Or maybe one day you'll wake and realize NVIDIA doesn't owe you or Open Source anything and instead you could be thankful they are cooperating in the first place. Nah, I guess hating and blaming is cooler, right?

It's a completely wasted day if there's no hateful comments about something or someone on Phoronix.
                I used to love NVIDIA but honestly coping with poor support and being a fan boy for a company which only cares about your wallet is delusional.

Vote with your wallet folks

Comment

Headline should be: Multi billion dollar company gives the FOSS community the middle finger and the community provides sacrificial lambs, err, volunteers to support their hardware instead of working in AMD ROCm so we are free from CUDA.

Fixed it a bit for you. :-)

Comment

Glad I switched to AMD!
                    Trillionaire company you mean?
                    Capitalism toxicity & cheapskate to the extreme.

Comment

Working...
                    X