Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Prepares Linux Driver For Next-Gen VPU With Lunar Lake

Phoronix: Intel Prepares Linux Driver For Next-Gen VPU With Lunar Lake

With the upcoming Intel Meteor Lake processors is the introduction of the Versatile Processing Unit "VPU" IP block for computer vision and deep learning use-cases to provide better performance. Earlier this year with Linux 6.3 the iVPU driver was merged. Meteor Lake processors haven't even officially launched yet while already Intel's open-source engineers have begun enabling the next-gen VPU to be found with Lunar Lake processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Speaking of Lunar in regards to vision and learning, after a bit of experimenting and learning I finally took my first decent-enough picture of the Moon last night with my telescope. I used a Pentax KF in Pixel Shift mode, a Celestron Nexstar 8SE with an F/6.3 focal reducer, and did all the post-processing in RawTherapee.

Comment

ATi used to call GPUs, VPUs (Visual Processing Units).

And Intel used to call them Vision Processing Units.

Acronym salad!

skeevy420: very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        ATi used to call GPUs, VPUs (Visual Processing Units).

And Intel used to call them Vision Processing Units.

Acronym salad!

skeevy420: very nice!
        Thanks. After 40 minutes of trying stuff out I finally got one shot that I really liked...seconds before the clouds showed up. I lowered my exposure as much as possible, set a 1 sec shutter count, and kept lowering the shutter speed until I got one that looked decent.

APU, ASIC, CPU, DSP, FPGA, GPU, PPU, SPU, TPU, VPU with Ranch, hold the croutons. I'm trying to watch my figure.

Comment

Working...
        X