Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV1 Video Decoding Added To Mesa's VirGL For QEMU/KVM Guests

Phoronix: AV1 Video Decoding Added To Mesa's VirGL For QEMU/KVM Guests

Merged for Mesa 23.3 is support for the VirGL code to handle accelerated AV1 video decoding within guest virtual machines...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I never knew VA-API on virtual machine was a thing. That's really cool!

Comment

now we need dx drivers for windows guest, such thing could kill vmware and virtualbox

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        now we need dx drivers for windows guest, such thing could kill vmware and virtualbox
        It might be possible to make DXVK run on the Windows guest with acceleration through Venus (assuming a driver is made).

Comment

pretty cool, another small improvement driving forward the linux ecosystem

Comment

has anyone actually gotten this to work? I have had no such luck on my rx580

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It might be possible to make DXVK run on the Windows guest with acceleration through Venus (assuming a driver is made).
              There's some work being done on it.
              Hello! This series of changes spanning across multiple repositories introduce support for 3d accelerated virtiogpu windows guests. Wglgears window is rendered with wgl on virgl and window below i...

Comment

Working...
              X