Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's SVT-AV1 1.7 Video Encoder Delivers Faster Performance

Phoronix: Intel's SVT-AV1 1.7 Video Encoder Delivers Faster Performance

The Intel-led SVT-AV1 open-source AV1 video encoder is out with a major release that delivers on more performance improvements across the board...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's exactly what's written in the release notes, presets are slower but they have the same quality as the next preset, so you will have to compare for example M3 in the new version to M2 in the old one.

Comment

I find it somewhat amusing that Michael tested Intel's work on an AMD platform. But hey, at least he proved that Intel did in fact yield a performance improvement similar to what they claimed.

Comment

Could you please also add the tests for `libaomav1` and `rav1e` as a comparison to reflect the relative improvement of libsvtav1?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I find it somewhat amusing that Michael tested Intel's work on an AMD platform. But hey, at least he proved that Intel did in fact yield a performance improvement similar to what they claimed.
          Why would anyone build a productivity machine using Intel?

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
            Why would anyone build a productivity machine using Intel?
            I know that's a joke but actually I've had a lot of issues with Ryzen CPUs, particularly with USB, and strange stuttering.

But then I had issues with Intel's audio drivers and usb sound cards (particularly in windows) where simply plugging in an additional capture card caused all audio streams to lock up.

What's really awesome is I have this add-in network card. In Linux, no problem, just fine. In Windows, within 3 seconds of connecting an ethernet to it I get a BSOD

Comment

It would be nice to also report the filesize, You could use something like | pv > /dev/null if you didn't want to store the files.

Comment

Working...
              X