Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDG-Desktop-Portal 1.17.1 Released With Accent Color Support

Phoronix: XDG-Desktop-Portal 1.17.1 Released With Accent Color Support

XDG-Desktop-Portal as the portal front-end for Flatpaks is out with a new development release that brings accent color support to sandboxed desktop apps as well as other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Typo?

"a new clipboaed portal" probably should be "a new clipboard portal"

Comment

At first, I thought this means the whole app window is going to be tinted, so that means if you can't achieve consistency between 2 different toolkits on a single DE, at least you'll be able to achieve consistency of colors.. But then I remembered that accent color means coloring only small parts of the ui, so this whole idea now sounds kinda less exciting tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
        At first, I thought this means the whole app window is going to be tinted, so that means if you can't achieve consistency between 2 different toolkits on a single DE, at least you'll be able to achieve consistency of colors.. But then I remembered that accent color means coloring only small parts of the ui, so this whole idea now sounds kinda less exciting tbh.
        Ok…
        And letters suck because they are just part of a word too ?

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post

Ok…
          And letters suck because they are just part of a word too ?
          Not sure what's your point with this analogy. If we take GTK 4 / Libadwaita apps for example, accent colors constitute only about 5-10% of the whole ui (mainly certain buttons and weblinks). So it's not even something you see at every moment you look at a Libadwaita window. That's what makes it way less exciting.

Comment

Working...
          X