Stadia Controller Rumbles & New Gaming Peripherals Supported By Linux 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadia Controller Rumbles & New Gaming Peripherals Supported By Linux 6.6

Phoronix: Stadia Controller Rumbles & New Gaming Peripherals Supported By Linux 6.6

There are new and improved gaming controller and peripheral support to find with the in-development Linux 6.6 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The best thing to come out of Stadia is the discounted controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      The best thing to come out of Stadia is the discounted controllers.
      Where you seeing these?

Comment

Not related to the Stadia controller, but out of curiosity.
        Does the PS5 Dual Sense controller support rumble over bluetooth?
        Reason I'm asking, is that I connected my PS5 controller to the Steam Deck last week.
        But unlike my Xbox Series controller, there was no rumble in any of my games.
        I find the Xbox Series controller better for most games, but the PS5 one has a touchpad which comes in handy for some games requiring mouse movement.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanSMac View Post

Where you seeing these?
          Zobacz google stadia premiere edition na Allegro Lokalnie - Wiele ofert, ogÅ‚oszeÅ„ i licytacji w jednym miejscu. Radość zakupów i 100% bezpieczeÅ„stwa dla każdej transakcji. Sprawdź Teraz!

Comment

Still waiting for the day we can support analog keyboards and other many analog devices, I have a razer tartarus pro, and it's quite honestly, amazing. I really think analog keyboards are worth the money, but linux cannot support them yet sadly. other keyboards include rzer huntsman, some wooting keyboards and steelseries apex pro (though allegedly, I dont have one, the analog functionality is not exposed)

Comment

Originally posted by AlanSMac View Post

Where you seeing these?
              Edit after looking at my order history.

My first Stadia Premiere Edition bundle with the controller and Chromecast Ultra in November of 2020 was actually $0.00 USD. $99.99 with a $99.99 discount. My second order in November of 2021 was $22.22 (Stadia's second birthday). That $22.22 got refunded when Stadia shut down. Two controllers and two Chromecasts for $0.00 isn't too shaby.

I guess I should finally unbox one of them once 6.6 hits Tumbleweed and see if the controllers are any good.

Actually, after some Googling, maybe I need to get moving on this sooner. They need a firmware update to work as a regular Bluetooth controller, and it looks like the web tool (says it requires Chrome of course ) may only stick around until December 2023. I'm glad they released a firmware update so these didn't all become e-waste, but it seems like Google should be able to host the website and code for the firmware update somewhere closer to indefinitely rather than the end of this year.

Switch your Stadia Controller to Bluetooth mode to keep gaming wirelessly on your favorite devices and services after Stadia shuts down
              Last edited by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx; 04 September 2023, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                Not related to the Stadia controller, but out of curiosity.
                Does the PS5 Dual Sense controller support rumble over bluetooth?
                Reason I'm asking, is that I connected my PS5 controller to the Steam Deck last week.
                But unlike my Xbox Series controller, there was no rumble in any of my games.
                I find the Xbox Series controller better for most games, but the PS5 one has a touchpad which comes in handy for some games requiring mouse movement.
                Yes it does. With and without Steam Input. There's a chance it could be the kernel in the Steam Deck. IIRC, the first release of the native Linux Dual Sense driver didn't have rumble support. I'm running Linux 6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Yes it does. With and without Steam Input. There's a chance it could be the kernel in the Steam Deck. IIRC, the first release of the native Linux Dual Sense driver didn't have rumble support. I'm running Linux 6.5.
                  The Steam Deck packages are pretty old in the "hey what's the deal, it's running Arch" kind of way. It's on a 5.13 kernel. I don't use my Deck much, but I finally picked up a 1TB Solidigm 2230 drive to slap in it. If I have some time today I'll install it and put Bazzite on there to play with.

Bazzite is a custom image built upon Fedora Atomic Desktops that brings the best of Linux gaming to all of your devices - including your favorite handheld. - ublue-os/bazzite

Comment

Working...
                  X