Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's DRM Scheduler Patches Updated That Are A Prerequisite For Merging The Xe Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's DRM Scheduler Patches Updated That Are A Prerequisite For Merging The Xe Driver

Phoronix: Intel's DRM Scheduler Patches Updated That Are A Prerequisite For Merging The Xe Driver

One of the driver additions we've been eager to see for the mainline Linux kernel that didn't pan out in time for the recently closed Linux 6.6 merge window is the Intel Xe DRM kernel graphics driver as a modern alternative to their i915 driver. The Xe driver better supports non-x86 CPU architectures, better designed and more performant around their modern integrated and discrete GPUs, and overall is able to make better design choices and improvements in being a clean sheet driver design compared to all the code that has built up in i915 over the years. But for getting the Xe driver upstream even in experimental form, first some necessary DRM scheduler patches need to be ironed out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Id really like to try intel xe, but without dkms support I dont see myself doing that until it lands into stable linux

Comment

The Xe driver better supports non-x86 CPU architectures
      Oh? I wonder if Intel's upcoming high performance RISC-V chip is going to have integrated Xe graphics. Or maybe it's just so their PCIe ARC graphics work better.

Comment

Working...
      X