Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Amber Officially Launches As The Intel Trust Authority

Phoronix: Project Amber Officially Launches As The Intel Trust Authority

Last year Intel announced Project Amber as an effort to verify the trustworthiness of clouds. Project Amber was talked up as "an innovative service-based security implementation" for the remote verification of the trustworthiness of compute assets. Project Amber is now rolling out as the Intel Trust Authority...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

... also more focus on edge and network device attestation too.
    Oh dear. I wonder how long until someone tries to use this for DRM...

Comment

Intel, trust and SGX to make cloud secure, that's ÆPIC. I guess you just rely on your blind trust then ...
      Those workers at Intel would have made a fine comedy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post

Oh dear. I wonder how long until someone tries to use this for DRM...
        If you're not joking, SGX is already used for DRM for blu ray.

Comment

Intel isn't a Trust Authority at all, anyway. I doubt Intel trust themselves too.

More payware DRM-like crap?

What about making their CPUs and GPUs a lot more competitive instead?
          Last edited by timofonic; 21 September 2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Ever since the Management engine thing came out, can anyone really trust intel cpus anyway?

Comment

i might be reading it wrong, but this looks like Intel (ab)using their remote access powers over IME and derivate embeded remote-management capabilities in hardware they sell to probe the hardware users for vulnerabilities

after years running their program someone will notice the minimal amount of critical CVEs reported for every probed fleet of cloud devices is 1, the mostly-undisableable remote-management feature itself

ps: no remarks on whether they can and will scan clouds without prior action from the cloud provider... this should be fun to watch

i'll *never* forget what they did with IME
              Last edited by marlock; 26 September 2023, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X