No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6 Seeing Many Bug Fixes -- Including For The Plasma Wayland Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6 Seeing Many Bug Fixes -- Including For The Plasma Wayland Session

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6 Seeing Many Bug Fixes -- Including For The Plasma Wayland Session

With Plasma 6.0 aiming for an early February release, more of the KDE developer attention is turning to bug fixing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Including For The Plasma Wayland Session

LOL
    I see what you did there!

Comment

Fixing a bug that could cause auto-started apps with system tray icons to sometimes not show their system tray icons.
      This is the most annoying one for me. My system is running from 970 PRO NVME drive and some apps (even heavy like Telegram) launch faster than Plasma panel loads. And it is even more annoying in case of some windowless daemon which keeps running without icon just fine. Have to add
      Code:
      sleep 5
      for almost every autostart item.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
        This is the most annoying one for me. My system is running from 970 PRO NVME drive and some apps (even heavy like Telegram) launch faster than Plasma panel loads. And it is even more annoying in case of some windowless daemon which keeps running without icon just fine. Have to add
        Code:
        sleep 5
        for almost every autostart item.
        You seem to have a computer with speed way ahead of its time

Comment

If Plasma Wayland won't restore the previous session for a while, can we at least get the apps to restore their own session? Meaning when I would manually open Konsole in Wayland it would offer to restore all its tabs from the previous session and same for other KDE apps.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
            If Plasma Wayland won't restore the previous session for a while, can we at least get the apps to restore their own session? Meaning when I would manually open Konsole in Wayland it would offer to restore all its tabs from the previous session and same for other KDE apps.
            What do you mean "won't restore the previous session"?
            Take a look at this:
            taskbar.jpg

Do you think I want to reopen these every time I log in? And Konsole is also showing several tabs, too.

(Sorry, I do keep that on the side.)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What do you mean "won't restore the previous session"?
              Take a look at this:
              taskbar.jpg

Do you think I want to reopen these every time I log in? And Konsole is also showing several tabs, too.

(Sorry, I do keep that on the side.)
              I'm talking about this: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=436318

Comment

I hope version 6 will have more stable Wayland experience. With current version 5 (on openSUSE TW) there are still some issues with I consider too annoying for daily use:
                • files stop appearing on the desktop folder view (~/Desktop) when they are copied into it. Happens randomly and quite often. "plasmashell --restart" fixes it. Doesn't happen on X11 session.
                • GTK apps are occasionally loosing HiDPI scaling (happens also with X11 session but quite rarely. With Wayland it's much more often).
                • When resuming from external monitor sleep mode windows are incorrectly displayed, downscaled or resized.
                • KRDC (remote desktop client) does not inline RDP sessions in the same window but pops up a separate window for each session.
                • Switching between X11 and Wayland requires several logouts because there are mismatches in panel sizes and mouse cursor sizes which must be adjusted
                • Changing HiDPI scaling requires session restart (logout), otherwise scaling remains blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  Omg, after all these years they just mark this as "normal" priority and leave it to rot? I'm not touching Wayland with a 10ft pole if it doesn't restore sessions.

Comment

I wonder if they have implemented window shading on wayland yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X