Linux 6.7 Will Allow More Efficient Use With Intel QAT Gen4 Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.7 Will Allow More Efficient Use With Intel QAT Gen4 Hardware

Phoronix: Linux 6.7 Will Allow More Efficient Use With Intel QAT Gen4 Hardware

With the Linux 6.7 kernel this winter there is a new feature coming to Intel's QuickAssist Technology (QAT) device driver that will allow more efficient use with QAT Gen4 hardware such as the latest-generation Intel Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids" processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel and AMD are now using chiplet designs, so I think they ought to stuff in a RISC-V core in there.

Comment

Michael

Typo

"By allowing the single DCC request to hash and then immediately compress the data it sames some overhead and the latency involved in making multiple requests to the QAT hardware."

I think you meant "saves"

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Intel and AMD are now using chiplet designs, so I think they ought to stuff in a RISC-V core in there.
        What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

What do you mean?
          AMD and Intel are using a chiplet design where they can place many different cores on one CPU, so they CPU with 8 energy efficient cores, 8 high performance cores, then a GPU core.
          Intel have P-cores, E-cores and Xe cores. So they could add a RISC-V core and offload things on that core. Maybe things like hashing, crypto, encoding or decoding, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

AMD and Intel are using a chiplet design where they can place many different cores on one CPU, so they CPU with 8 energy efficient cores, 8 high performance cores, then a GPU core.
            Intel have P-cores, E-cores and Xe cores. So they could add a RISC-V core and offload things on that core. Maybe things like hashing, crypto, encoding or decoding, I don't know.
            You mean like qat and amds version? Like, the ones that already exist....

Besides, they have no incentive to develop yet another core just to do risc-v.....

Comment

Article ends "learn more about QAT DC via" and via isn't a link and there's a dogfood ad next....

Comment

Originally posted by Saigu View Post
                Article ends "learn more about QAT DC via" and via isn't a link and there's a dogfood ad next....
                Was some messed up HTML, fixed now. Thanks.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X