Firefox 118 Available With Performance Improvements, Automated Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 118 Available With Performance Improvements, Automated Translations

Phoronix: Firefox 118 Available With Performance Improvements, Automated Translations

Ahead of the formal announcement on Tuesday, Mozilla today uploaded the Firefox 118.0 release binaries as the latest monthly update for this cross-platform web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't wait to try local translations and see the speed and quality, loved the news!

Comment

Originally posted by avis
      And broken font rendering in private mode: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1854950

(At least on Fedora 38).
      Not on Archlinux.

Comment

Oh sweet. Posting here (almost) no lONger A aor pain in the ass. NeeRmjnd. Fix yur site Michael using android Firefox makes my keyboard fucked. Idk with chrome tho.

Comment

Please start using the word 'and' in headlines, this nonsense of always avoiding it and replacing it with a comma is so annoying.

It only serves to make your headlines less readable.

You aren't print media, you don't need to save space, you don't need to follow old silly rules.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
            Oh sweet. Posting here (almost) no lONger A aor pain in the ass. NeeRmjnd. Fix yur site Michael using android Firefox makes my keyboard fucked. Idk with chrome tho.
            Pretty sure this is caused by error code PEBCAK, not Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
              I have the same issue trying to write text in Firefox on Android with Phoronix Forums. It is like focus was changing constantly and not all key presses get to the text box. Sometimes if there is a visible ad closing it resolves temporarily the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by darkonix View Post

I have the same issue trying to write text in Firefox on Android with Phoronix Forums. It is like focus was changing constantly and not all key presses get to the text box. Sometimes if there is a visible ad closing it resolves temporarily the issue.
                You can run a ad blocker plugin on Firefox in Android.

Comment

Originally posted by noansd View Post
                  You aren't print media, you don't need to save space, you don't need to follow old silly rules.
                  [...doesn't realize that the majority of global web browsing is now occurring on screens that are little larger than a credit card... shhhh, don't tell him....]

ahem

Yes, I agree, when I dial into my America Online Account and read Phoronix articles on my 17" CRT monitor, there's PLENTY OF ROOM FOR LONG HEADLINES.

Comment

Originally posted by darkonix View Post

Huh? Firefox on Android user here. Never noticed what you describe.

Comment

Working...
                    X