FEX-Emu 2310 Released With Performance Optimizations, WOW64 Wine Frontend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEX-Emu 2310 Released With Performance Optimizations, WOW64 Wine Frontend

Phoronix: FEX-Emu 2310 Released With Performance Optimizations, WOW64 Wine Frontend

A new version of FEX-Emu has been released, the open-source project aiming to be "the greatest x86/x86_64 emulator on Linux" that includes the ability to run Steam and Steam Play Windows games on AArch64 Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's funny that FEX-Emu switched to WOW64 before Steam client.

Comment

Anyone have an ETA on when I Can play crysis on my risk-v machine?

Comment

Originally posted by simburde View Post
        It's funny that FEX-Emu switched to WOW64 before Steam client.
        I think you mean proton. It's not fully ready but it works for most cases.

Comment

Still doesn't support the open standard ISA, RISC-V.

And thus drifts further into irrelevance, relative to Box64.

We are looking forward to future ARM platforms that can take Radeon GPUs through PCIe slots
          Why not instead look at RISC-V, which has hardware that can take Radeon GPUs through PCIe slots TODAY?
          Last edited by ayumu; 06 October 2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clementhk View Post

I think you mean proton. It's not fully ready but it works for most cases.
            You are right, it's Proton. And also it is a reason why Steam client requires i386 packages.

Comment

Are there any powerful Risc-V systems that matches the Snapdragon 8 gen 3cx when it comes to performance?

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                Are there any powerful Risc-V systems that matches the Snapdragon 8 gen 3cx when it comes to performance?
                There are no "big" cores yet. Untill that, RISC-V is e.g. for microcontrollers only, not computers.

Comment

Originally posted by simburde View Post
                  You are right, it's Proton. And also it is a reason why Steam client requires i386 packages.
                  No, Steam client requires it for older 32-bit Linux native games, which also can't use the newer runtimes either because they weren't developed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                    Still doesn't support the open standard ISA, RISC-V.

And thus drifts further into irrelevance, relative to Box64.

Why not instead look at RISC-V, which has hardware that can take Radeon GPUs through PCIe slots TODAY?
                    In which parallel universe is competitive Risc-V Hardware available. Where can I order it?

Comment

Working...
                    X