No announcement yet.

AMD OpenSIL Will Be Talked About Later This Month At The 2023 OCP Global Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD OpenSIL Will Be Talked About Later This Month At The 2023 OCP Global Summit

Phoronix: AMD OpenSIL Will Be Talked About Later This Month At The 2023 OCP Global Summit

Earlier this year at the OCP Regional Summit in Prague AMD first presented openSIL as their new open-source CPU silicon initialization effort that can integrate with Coreboot and open-source boot firmware solutions. AMD openSIL is currently being prototyped on Genoa platforms but in a few years will eventually replace AGESA on both client and server processors. Later this month at the OCP Global Summit, there will be a new presentation on AMD openSIL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Typo

"Raj Kapoor as AMD's Chief Firmware Architecture" should be "Architect"

Comment

What ever came from this btw?
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by vextium View Post
        What ever came from this btw?
        Michael
        I wasn't at the event so I am still waiting on the recorded and slide deck to be posted.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I wasn't at the event so I am still waiting on the recorded and slide deck to be posted.
          Hope Ryzen got mentioned, but it probably a long shot. Also on other news, did you ever cover/hear that Kent eventually plans to rewrite bcachefs in Rust? I think this is pretty news worthy since well It's a pretty big task to do and would be the first file system to be rewritten in Rust I think.
          5:17 - 5:30 “i intend to slowly rewrite bcachefs to rust”
          Last edited by vextium; 23 October 2023, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X