Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Formally Announces The Arc Graphics A580

Phoronix: Intel Formally Announces The Arc Graphics A580

Intel has formally announced the Arc Graphics A580 as their latest graphics processor to fit between the low-end A380 and higher-end A750/A770 graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How's performance wise compared to the rest? How's compared to high end, medium end, low end and such?

Comment

IMHO no one needs that. if you want one for media encoding: Get the A380 (Love mine for that)
      If you want one for gaming: 1) you don't 2) The A770 is so cheap that it isnt worth to get a smaller one

I'll just wait for battlemage before i consider switching away from my RX5700XT

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        How's performance wise compared to the rest? How's compared to high end, medium end, low end and such?
        It's a tad slower than a RX 6600 or a 1080Ti. Only burns through a lot more power, even at idle.

Comment

Ordered an A580 for Linux benchmarking next week...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Ordered an A580 for Linux benchmarking next week...
            You time traveler...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              Hardware Unboxed has tested it against RX 6600 and RTX 3050 in 1080p and 1440p A final benchmark against stuff like 4060/7600. I would say RX6600 remains the choice on both Windows and Linux if price/performance (and power usage) is the deciding metric.

Comment

Idle power consumption and power efficiency for this SKU are truly abysmal:

Sparkle's Arc A580 Orc is a compact dual-slot graphics card that will fit into all cases and offers performance that handles all titles at Full HD 1080p. The card comes with a nifty RGB-lighting temperature monitoring feature that doesn't require any additional software.

ASRock's Arc A580 Challenger is a custom-design variant of Intel's newest GPU release. It comes with a powerful triple-slot, dual-fan cooling solution that achieves whisper-quiet noise levels and good temperatures. Considering the attractive price of just $180, performance is good, too.

You don't want this card unless your electricity is dirt chip. And of course its fans will be spinning all the time.

Comment

It does appear to be a power hungry beast, apparently drawing over 200 watts during gaming and over 50 watts at idle, that's even worse than the AMD Polaris days but Michael's testing will show what it really draws. Still, it's good there is competition especially with nVidia turning so much of their efforts towards the AI front.

Comment

Yeah, I have an RX 580 still, and it took me quite a while to accept that it is normal for it to consume 33 W doing nothing.
                    50 W, though, ouch. That's bad where I live

Comment

Working...
                    X