AMD EPYC 8324P / 8324PN Siena 32-Core Siena Linux Server Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC 8324P / 8324PN Siena 32-Core Siena Linux Server Performance

Phoronix: AMD EPYC 8324P / 8324PN Siena 32-Core Siena Linux Server Performance

Last month AMD launched the EPYC 8004 "Siena" 4th Gen EPYC processors to round out their Zen 4 server processors with the expansive Genoa, Genoa-X, Bergamo, and Siena product portfolios. The new EPYC 8004 series are designed to maximize the power efficiency for server deployments from the data center to edge, teclo, and other non-traditional server environments. Up for testing today is an initial look at the Siena performance in the form of the EPYC 8324P and EPYC 8324PN 32-core parts for seeing how they stack up against 32-core Intel Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids" performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael! Finally a valid proof for P ≠ NP.

Comment

These server class CPUs are way more processor than I will even need, but having said that...

These tests show impressive results for the AMD processor. Perhaps most telling to me was the power consumption stats on the last page. I think AMD really has built a winner here with processor performance generally meeting or exceeding Intel while consuming less power to achieve that performance.

Again, IMPRESSIVE.

Comment

How are the actual platform costs? As I understand, that's supposed to be a big part of what makes SP6 attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Keats View Post
          How are the actual platform costs? As I understand, that's supposed to be a big part of what makes SP6 attractive.
          It seems primarily intended to target the market niche of communications equipment, but it'd be sweet if they'd try to market it as a generic, entry-level server platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Keats View Post
            Haven't seen any servers or motherboards yet in common channels to know for sure yet but yes should be lower than like Genoa.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
            X