Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardour 8.0 Digital Audio Workstation Released

Phoronix: Ardour 8.0 Digital Audio Workstation Released

In addition to the recent PreSonus Studio One 6.5 debut for Linux, the open-source Ardour digital audio workstation software this week released its big "8.0" milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations!

Comment

I would like to know if there are any big name projects that have been produced with these open source solutions.

I somehow doubt it.

Comment

UNFA uses Ardour, no idea how much money he is making if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
          UNFA uses Ardour, no idea how much money he is making if any.
          You can also try to contact Linuxaudio.org (http://linuxaudio.org/contact.html).​

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
            I would like to know if there are any big name projects that have been produced with these open source solutions.

I somehow doubt it.
            Harrison MixBus 32C is built on top of Ardour. They are a very big name in mixing.

Comment

I somehow doubt it.
              Why does everything have to be associated with fame and fortune? Can't people just take up music making and be happy fulfilled hobbyist?

Last time I checked most big names aren't really what I like to hear except Henry Rollins and a lot of older post punk. Pink Floyd is one of the few BIG projects that actually stuck to my ribs.

Comment

Ardour is a perfectly adequate tool for just about any recording project you can think of. I used it for years and years, then I gave something else a try and liked its workflow and controls more for certain reasons.

Ardour is quite literally as good as you want to make it sound. No DAW is going to sound as interesting as a Studer tape machine nor a large analog mixing desk but you can make the stuff sound pretty dang good. In fact if you want to actually spend the money you could go out and buy some really expensive analog equipment and have Ardour capture all of it.
                Last edited by creative; 12 October 2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I somehow doubt it.
                  Many use paid DAWs and know 1% of it but that makes them big even if they do measly stuff (which they won't admit - they're too "big" to see and admit that). You should go to the bodybuilders' gym and look for the big lol.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
                    Why does everything have to be associated with fame and fortune? Can't people just take up music making and be happy fulfilled hobbyist?
                    If you open up a diner and give away burgers for free, you will have a lot of takers. If you sell them for $5 a pop, you will still get a lot of takers. But as the price goes up you start finding out at what point consumers start considering your product as not worth the money and start looking for alternatives.

It's all well and good that some guy on YouTube is using Ardour to produce music that he gives away for free.

The question is when money is on the line, like when a big name artists like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Eminem, someone of that fame, where each album is expected to generate hundreds of millions of dollars, what software do they use.

Money is the real litmus test, when your income is on the line and you need to sell your product to make money, which software do you reach for?

Comment

Working...
                    X