Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weston 13 Alpha Released With New Backends, Other Improvements

Phoronix: Weston 13 Alpha Released With New Backends, Other Improvements

Weston 13.0 Alpha was released today as the next iteration of this reference Wayland compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wonder if there will ever be another Wayland release or is that Dead? do distro's just use XWayland instead?

Comment

Hello Micheal why this article doesnt have a logo like other entries ?
      I mean :
      image.png​

Comment

Originally posted by usta View Post
        why this article doesnt have a logo like other entries ?
        I'm seeing the Wayland 'W' logo on the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          wonder if there will ever be another Wayland release or is that Dead? do distro's just use XWayland instead?
          That doesn't really make any sense. Do you know what XWayland is, compared to Wayland itself?

Comment

I really like pipewire backend stuff, but input is still a pain with fragmentation being wayland's middle name.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

That doesn't really make any sense. Do you know what XWayland is, compared to Wayland itself?
              That's the beauty of trolling. The less sense it makes, the more people take the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
                That's the beauty of trolling. The less sense it makes, the more people take the bait.
                I always thought trolling was supposed to irritate you or annoy you, not just make no sense.

Comment

I'm seeing the Wayland 'W' logo on the article.
                  i'm not talking about logo in article i'm talking about the one at the main page. If it wont be so much trouble could you share your screenshot of main page for me

Comment

care to explain

Comment

Working...
                    X