Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.5 LTS Shifts To Its Commercial-Only Phase

Phoronix: Qt 6.5 LTS Shifts To Its Commercial-Only Phase

It's already that time of the Qt 6.5 long-term support (LTS) cycle where The Qt Company has shifted it over to being focused on access only to their commercial customers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will there be a KDE maintained LTS Qt 6.5 branch like the one that was created for Qt 5.15? i.e., https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/...ref_type=heads

Comment

Qt will continue to support KDe freely?

Comment

I am laughing my ass off

Comment

Originally posted by satadru View Post
          Will there be a KDE maintained LTS Qt 6.5 branch like the one that was created for Qt 5.15? i.e., https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/...ref_type=heads
          No, 6.2 is an LTS but there is no kde/6.5 branch for it.
          KDE created kde/5.15 branch because Qt 5.15 is not ABI/API compatible with Qt 6.x.

Comment

Qt situation is a joke, it needs to be forked ASAP...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              Qt situation is a joke, it needs to be forked ASAP...
              Where's the joke? You want it for free, you stick with each and every release. You want fixes to older, LTS branches, you cough up the $$$.

Comment

Remember this is only for the LTS version, and the Qt Company are still legally bound to release it after a year due to the KDE Free Qt Foundation Agreement. This has no real effect on KDE at all.

Comment

This is why no one should use QT.

As it's the antithesis of everything Linux stands for.

I wonder how many people who complain about the ZFS open source license happily support QT. Really, the hypocrisy of some is astounding.

Comment

The latest version of Qt is 6.6​.

Developers have to be paid to solve problems in old versions :-?

Comment

Working...
                    X